CSU SAN MIGUEL BASIN
4-H PROGRAM MQA GUIDELINES
San Miguel Basin 4-H MQA is Wednesday, April 8th at 6 pm at the Glockson Bldg, 1120 Summit Street
Questions on other MQAs, call Jordan 970-327-4393.
Colorado State Guidelines:
A Meat Quality Assurance Program is required for all 4-H members enrolled in a Market and/or Breeding Livestock Project.
- Once as a first year member who is a Junior or Intermediate member(between the ages of 8 and 13)
- Again when a member becomes a Senior (age is 14 years old)
- The only exception to being required to take it twice would be for a first time member who was 14 or older, in that case it would only be required once.
- Those members not required to attend a MQA Program are encouraged to complete a Quality Assurance Checklist.
- To qualify for State Fair as a Swine exhibitor, Pork Quality Assurance must be taken the first three years and then again at age 15.