Grilled Cinnamon-Sugar Apple Skewers
Published on April 14, 2020 in Something Sweet Recipes
Kids of all ages will enjoy helping make these delicious year-round treats! Serve with low-fat vanilla yogurt for a healthy ‘apple pie a la mode’‐like experience!
Makes 8 servings
- 4 colorful fresh apples- cut into 8 wedges and seeded
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
- Pre-soak 8 bamboo skewers.
- Line grill-friendly baking tray with foil.
- Preheat grill on medium-high.
- Thread apple wedges onto skewers.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Sprinkle over skewers.
- Grill for 6-8 minutes or until sugar has melted and apples have just softened.
- Serve with yogurt ‘dip’.
Nutrition Facts (serving size 1 item or 156g): Calories 113, Calories from Fat 8, Total Fat 0.9g, Saturated Fat 0.5g, Cholesterol 3.1mg, Sodium 41.4mg, Total Carbohydrate 24.8g, Dietary Fiber 2.5g, Sugars 21.1g, Protein 3.3g
Click here: Food Smart Newsletter
Food Safety Training for Cottage Food Producers
Learn how to safely produce food from home as a cottage food business. This online course covers a variety of topics that include: basic food safety, foods that are permissible under the updated Colorado Cottage Foods Act, ingredient labeling, special considerations for food preparation at high altitudes, and safe food sampling best practices. Registration is $50.
2022 courses will be offered online on the following dates. Click each date below to register and learn more about the program.
- February 18, 9:00 – 1:00 pm
- March 9, 5:00 – 9:00 pm
- April 15, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- May 6, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- June 10, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- July 8, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- August 10, 5:00 – 9:00 pm
- September 23, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- October 14, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- November 2, 5:00 – 9:00 pm
- December 2, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm