A Local Gardening Class is coming to a location near you!
Each class will cover the basics of growing in your area: climate & microclimates; best trees, shrubs, flowers and grass species as well as basics for veggie gardening. These classes are offered free of charge but donations toward our program fund is appreciated.
Questions? Call 970-327-4393 or email Mary @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- “Gardening on the West End” (Naturita, Nucla, Paradox).
- April 25 (Tuesday) 6-8 pm, Naturita Library.
- “Gardening on the Mesa” (Norwood and other Wrights Mesa communities)
- April 27 (Thursday), 6:30 to 8:30 pm, Lone Cone Library, Norwood
- “Gardening in the Mountains” (Telluride, Mountain Village, Ophir & Rico, etc.),
- May 10th (Wednesday), 6 to 8 pm, Fruen Building, Telluride
- “Gardening Through the Season”. These hands-on classes will be outside at the Norwood Community Garden. Free for Norwood Community Garden Members and $10 for non-members. More information coming soon!
- Saturdays: May 6, June 3, July 8, August 12.
Summer Native Plant Classes:
RSVP to email@example.com or call 970-327-4393 to reserve your spot.
- May 19th 9 am till 3 pm, OE Greager Open Space & Miramonte
- June 9th, Thunder Trails in bloom, 9 am till 3 pm
- June 23, Thunder Trails in bloom and seed, 9am till 3pm
- July 27, Calico Trail, summer bloom, 9 am till 3pm
The SMB Regional Seed Library is restocked and at the Norwood Library! In a week or so, we will have another seed library at the Naturita Library as well as a box of free seeds at the Telluride Library.
The main goals of the seed library are:
- To provide seeds of plants that do well in our area for our community members.
- To grow more seed savers and a source of regionally adapted seed, donated by local seed savers.
You don’t have to donate seed to the seed library to get seeds, but it would be great if you did! We have all you need to help you save seeds successfully, just get in touch!
See our Seed Library brochure for more information.
Did you know we offer free diagnostic services?
We have an email specifically for this firstname.lastname@example.org (It stands for San Miguel Basin Colorado Master Gardeners). If you have a plant or tree problem or need a plant or insect identified, send photos to this email, along with information describing the problem by using the forms below.
Link for SMB Tree/Shrub Diagnostic pdf Form
Fillable Form – Tree/shrub Diagnostics
Link for SMB General Diagnostic pdf Form
Fillable Form – General Diagnostics